Thursday, May 13, 2010

Almost there!

One more meeting has been checked off the list – I met with Sharon today for my individual interview. Heading into the meeting, I wasn’t really sure what to expect. I figured it was her chance to get to know me better…and I was right. This was her opportunity to learn more about my family, childhood, marriage and dreams for the future. I think I was very open and honest with her, but you still worry about how your comments and responses are being received. It’s not that I worry about Sharon; it is easy to feel that you’ll be judged for what you say anytime you are interviewed. I think what weighs on me the most is that she is going to ask Matt the same questions next week. Will he respond in a similar way? Was I way off base with how I see things? Don’t worry; I’m not losing sleep over this. I know that since I responded honestly, our answers will probably be fairly similar. One thing is for sure, I feel like Matt and I have gotten to know each other at a much different level as we have moved through this process. Between the application, class homework and match letter, we have talked a lot over the past few months. What a great thing to be able to share with our child one day – that the process of adopting him/her drew us closer together.

Next Tuesday, Sharon will come over to our house for the final meeting. After checking out our place, she’ll interview Matt individually. It’s hard to believe that we are getting this close. It’s so easy to get overwhelmed when you look at the entire process, but if you take it step by step, it isn’t so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment