Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

My journey to motherhood was a long one. I do not for one second take for granted the title of "Mom;" a title I would not hold without a loving decision made by Brooke (our boys' birth mom).

Every year, in the midst of the celebrations, I feel a bit of sadness as I consider how today must feel for her. My mind goes back to the moment she handed CJ over to us. The tears in her eyes as she thanked us for loving her little boy. I think about the phone call asking for help with Alex, and the follow up call to let us know that she was pregnant with Jake. I reread the letters she has sent us that describe the pain and loss she feels, while at the same time the peace in knowing they are being loved and cared for.

While she will never read this post, I pray that she feels the love we have for her. The respect we have for her decision to place these boys with us, when she had other options that she could have considered. I hope that no matter what happens in her life, that she will remain in touch with our family because she is forever a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment