Saturday, June 20, 2015

Father's Day

I struggle with Mother's Day every year. My heart aches for Brooke, who I am confident, misses each of the children that she has delivered. As we prepare to celebrate Father's Day tomorrow, I realized that I do not feel that same way about the boys' birth fathers.

At first, I felt guilty that I didn't think of them as much. I mean, they share just as much DNA as Brooke does.

There is a big difference though...

Brooke was really affected by her decision to place the boys for adoption. I don't believe their birth fathers showed as much concern. Both men signed their termination papers as soon as possible. Neither put up a fight. Neither have attempted to contact us for updates.

I do have some of the same questions. Do they think about the boys? Do they have any regrets about their decision to place the boys? Will they want a relationship with the boys in the future?

Tomorrow, I will spend a moment thinking about both men. I will pray that they are safe, healthy and making good decisions in their lives. I will ask God that one day, they will be open to having a relationship with my boys (if the boys want that relationship). I will thank God that both men signed those termination papers, allowing us to parent their sweet boys.



No comments:

Post a Comment