Monday, August 9, 2010

A New Perspective

Matt and I have been reading devotions together at night. While they aren't always the best, there was one line from a past reading that has stuck with me.

"Life doesn't seem so difficult when you don't expect it to be so easy."

That really hit me, and I've been thinking about it a lot over the past few days. Why do we expect life to go exactly as planned, especially when we have so many examples that it doesn't always work that way? Now, I am not saying that I expect life to be hard. All I'm saying, is that maybe I didn't have a realistic expectation of how things should go. It is easy to look around and see the couples who had children according to their plan, and assume that it was easy process for them. I think I need to adjust my viewpoint. Instead of focusing on what others have (which may be something I want), I need to realize that God has selected us for this and one day we will understand why. It may not be easy, but it doesn't have to be hard.

We still have no news to share with you. We are in the hardest part of the process...the waiting period. Our letter is in the match book at our agency, as well as on their website. Anytime a potential birth mom goes into the agency, they will see our letter. It is only a matter of time before we are invited to meet with a birth mom. When that happens, I will be sure to let you know.

This week, I am praying for all the couples who are trying to decide if adoption is the right path for them, both birth parents and adoptive parents. For many, this is an easy decision. For others, they will struggle at length before making a decision. I pray that they have the guidance and support that they need, to figure out what path they should follow.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,
    My name is Colleen Oakes and I have been reading your blog. My husband and I are have just started the adoption process and I can empthasize with this post 100%. I think we started out viewing adoption as a last resort and now we are looking at it as just a different road to the place that so many people with kids find themselves. It took us a long time to get there. I've been blogging about the process, if you want to stop by, I would love it. However, I'll keep reading yours..you guys are quite inspirational to us. God Blessings on you both! We are right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wise words...just hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since John and I have been TTC, I have met so many people who are at varying stages of the process. I'm thankful that we can walk this road with you and Matt. You are much further down that road to adoption than we are, but it's comforting to know that we share similar dreams for our future families. God is ready to bless you with your heart's desire and when that time comes, it's going to be AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete