Monday, February 28, 2011

Baptism Weekend - 2/20/2011

Just over a week ago, our little man was baptized into Christ's family. What an awesome day! Actually, the whole weekend was pretty awesome. We had quite a few family and friends come into town for the occasion. It was so cool to watch our family members meet CJ for the first time. While he won't remember this, it will be imprinted in my mind forever (along with the 400 pictures that we all took).

Saturday night, after most of our family had arrived, we went to dinner at a local pizza place. We pretty much took over the dining area and enjoyed time catching up, passing the baby around, and eating delicious pizza. It reminded us a lot of our rehearsal dinner, which was also at a pizza place.

Sunday was amazing! Matt's Grandpa Fischer (who also baptized Matt) performed the baptism. CJ wore the baptismal gown made by my Grandma Fincke, which was worn by me, my dad, my brother and my nephew. The gown confused a few people at church, who commented on how beautiful our daughter was. What are you going to do? I corrected a few people, but I just couldn't correct one of the little old ladies. I'm sure she figured it out when the pastor introduced Caleb Josiah. We packed the church with friends and family, who have supported us throughout this entire process. It was really neat to look out into the congregation and feel so much love. After church, we invited everyone back to our house for a party. While there was very little room to move, it was fun to catch up with everyone. It touched our hearts that so many people were there to support us. One highlight from the party was watching Great-Grandpa Fischer hold little CJ with such a big grin on his face. All in all, it was a very special day!

While having 5 adults and 1 child stay at our house was a little chaotic at times, I was so sad to see everyone go on Tuesday morning. It reminded me how much we want CJ to know his extended family as he grows up. Thank goodness we live in a time with Skype! While it was hard to see everyone go, we look forward to August when we all meet up to celebrate the wedding of my sister Liz.

No comments:

Post a Comment