Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Almost there...

An answer to prayer...we went in yesterday to sign documents with the Maricopa County Attorney's Office. This puts us one step closer to finalizing CJ's adoption. I was actually nervous as we drove down to Mesa yesterday. The woman we met with, Kim, was very nice and walked us through the rest of the process. Thankfully, there isn't too much left!

They will file everything with the court, and we should be able to find out our court date on July 11th. Our date should be within the next 90 days, although it could be much sooner than that. We will go to the Mesa location for our finalization, which Kim said was a good thing. It sounds like they get families on the court docket a little faster than the Phoenix location. Sounds good to me!

It's funny, sometimes I forget that we are still in the process of adopting CJ. At home, we're constantly living in the moment, and watching him grow and develop. It isn't until we get a phone call or letter that I realize that we are not legally his parents yet. I take that to mean that we've adjusted well to each other. At this point, it's hard to remember our lives B.C. (before Caleb).

I also want to throw in a little something about Father's Day. I just realized that I didn't post anything, and I thought it was important to put at least a few sentiments into this post. I've waited a long time to be able to tell Matt "Happy Father's Day," and I know he's been waiting a long time to hear those words. Sometimes I forget how blessed I am to be married to such a great guy. I take it for granted that he is an honest, faithful and loving provider for our family. I know that he has made sacrifices since we welcomed CJ in January, and I hope he realizes how much I appreciate that. I have told him, but I know I need to be more intentional about showing my appreciation. I am so grateful for all that he does. He is a wonderful role model for CJ!

1 comment:

  1. :) You guys make me happy!! Great things to celebrate!! 8 years of marriage, an awesome little guy, and one step closer to finalizing!! Love you guys! Praying for many, many, many more years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete