Wednesday, June 1, 2011

On the move!

Well, in less than 24 hours, CJ hit not one, but two milestones. Within just a few short hours of posting an update about his first experience with rice cereal, I have another big piece of news to report. He has rolled over! Sadly, I had just gone out to run a few errands. Not to worry, he graciously rolled over again this morning so that I could witness his big accomplishment.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, he had been getting very close to rolling over. He just couldn't figure out how to move that back leg. Last night, he got so frustrated on his back that he kicked over and made the full rotation.

My worry was that he was going to roll while at daycare, which would have made sense because he is there for a good portion of the day. I just wanted to be there to witness it. Well, it didn't happen at daycare, but I sure did miss it. :( I literally had been gone only 15 minutes...go figure. Matt called me and the first words out of his mouth were "you're gonna be mad." I assumed something had broken or spilled. I was so bummed to find out what I'd missed! If I'd just left a little later, I could have been there. Oh well. What are you going to do? Thankfully, he did it again this morning for me. Big smiles!

As soon as he rolled this morning, we commented that we'll need to be more careful about leaving him alone now. Before, if I put him on our obnoxiously large ottoman, it was no big deal. Now, one roll and he's practically at the edge! As we were talking about this, we both went into the kitchen to clean up our breakfast dishes. CJ made a weird sound, so I peeked around the corner. I'm sure you can guess what he'd done. No, he had not rolled off the ottoman, but he had rolled over again. That just confirmed our earlier conversation!

All of this excitement further proved that these milestones are going to start coming fast. Every day he is picking up something else. It is simply amazing to watch him grasp a new action or idea.

I'm definitely one proud mama!

1 comment: