Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day

I always experience a bit of sadness on Mother's Day. Don't get me wrong, it is one of the more important holidays in my book. After having so much trouble growing our family, I wasn't shy about telling Matt how important it was to me (hint, hint). I have to give him credit; he has always done well celebrating this day for me.

What saddens is me thinking of all the women who dread this day because they are so desperate to grow their family. The women who are experiencing infertility. The women who have lost children through miscarriage (or after birth). The women who placed their children into forever families through adoption. The women who don't want to go to church because it is another reminder that they have yet to have children. The women who avoid Facebook because of all of us who boast about our children and what a blessing they are.

For these women, I pray. I ask God to give them peace and patience as they wait for God's plan to come to fruition. I beg Him to let them see joy in other aspects of their lives. I pray that they do not give up hope.

I also grow a little sad thinking of Brooke (CJ's birthmom). I wonder if this day affects her. I am curious if she has any regrets. Regardless of whether or not she is parenting her biological children, she is a mother. I spend a good portion of Mother's Day thinking of her each year. Without her, I would not have this very special title. I hope that as CJ grows up, he understands that she is a very important part of his life, even if he does not see her on a regular basis.

Let me end by saying that I am very grateful that God has blessed us with a beautiful, healthy, often crazy little boy. I thank God daily that I was chosen to be his mother. Despite the moments when I want to pull my hair out (or drink large quantities of wine), I am thankful that I can be called "mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment