Saturday, January 3, 2015

Small Victories

The past few weeks, I've been feeling very down about how things are going around our house. With all of the craziness of the holidays, life has been a little crazy at our house. Both of the older boys have a hard time dealing with excess stimulation, so between Christmas and New Years, they been struggling.

It's so easy to focus on the challenges. The fighting between the boys. The yelling when someone doesn't get his way. The disrespect. I have found myself feeling slightly depressed because I just don't know what to do. I feel like I'm not an effective mother because I have no idea what will work with each of the boys. Just when I think I've found a solution, they stop responding to it. I have to keep reminding myself that this whole process takes time. It's only been about 5 months, which means we still have a lot of time before things even out.

When things get bad, I am so thankful when God blesses us with good days.

The past two days have been amazing. They older boys have been playing really well together. They ask to go play in their rooms together. They haven't been fighting as much. They are looking out for one another. Praise Jesus! I pray every day that they will play well together. It brings my heart so much joy to watch them running around the house screaming with joy. I don't actually like the screaming, but when it's happy shouts we let it go.

I know that we will continue to move forward in bonding as a family. We will have bad days, but I hope that we can move past them quickly and focus on all of the joy that God has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment