Saturday, February 7, 2015

I can almost see the finish line!

To think that we started this process almost two years ago is crazy. I don't think I could have ever imagined the twists and turns our lives would take between February 2013 and now. We still have some things to do, but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

First, we were told that we would not have to a whole new home study for Alex's adoption. What a relief. Honestly, we're getting pretty good at home studies at this point (we've had four done so far), but I'd rather not go through it again. All we'll need to do is submit a few documents and have our fingerprints redone. Easy peasy! Thankfully, I already had one of the documents, so really we just need to schedule with the county for our prints. We do still have one more home visit this month before we can move toward adoption. It sounds like we will finalize Alex much earlier than we anticipated.

For Jake, we have one more home visit this month. We just received a request for a local background check, but were able to visit Las Vegas Metro PD this morning to take care of that. I believe we've turned in everything possible to our attorney, so now we just wait for our final report to be written.

To say that I'm glad we're almost done is an understatement. I really like our social workers, but I would love to not have to worry about scheduling monthly visits. It feels a little surreal that the end is near. I just pray that this final stretch is a smooth one!

No comments:

Post a Comment