Monday, April 6, 2015

Officially a Fischer!

Today, we welcomed a new family holiday...Jake's adoption finalization!

We started the process last April, when we first learned that Brooke was pregnant and asked that we adopt the baby. Now, a year later, that chapter of our life has closed and a new one has begun.

While I am so thankful to be finished, it does feel a bit surreal. I think I've made this comparison before, but it's kind of like getting married. You work for months and months on the planning and paperwork, and then suddenly it's all over. I know it sounds funny, but there is almost a moment of sadness that one "normal" is gone and we have to begin a new one.

I am so thankful for the hard work of Adoption Choices of Nevada, Adoption Choices of Arizona and Webster & Associates (our attorney). They made the process enjoyable and kept my stress levels low (or at least as low as possible).

We now wait for our final adoption finalization. We should be getting scheduled for Alex's hearing pretty soon, and have been told that it will be done by the end of June. I think the reality of it all will hit me at that point. Until then, I'm going to enjoy having one less process to worry about.

Thank you for your prayers as we've gone through this. I would not have made it through otherwise.


He's happy to officially be a Fischer!


A picture with our judge (Alex's face cannot be shown until his adoption is finalized).

No comments:

Post a Comment