Friday, April 3, 2015

Where is the excitement?

We are a few days away from Jake's adoption finalization, which is really hard to believe. We've been working on this process for a year now. I feel like I should be more excited about it. Actually, I feel guilty that I don't feel more excited. When we adopted CJ, we had a countdown once we were given a court date. It was all I could think about in the days leading up to the hearing.

Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful that the process is almost over. I look forward to seeing the last name Fischer on his birth certificate. I just wonder why we aren't making a bigger deal about this.

It could be that since we have been through this before, so we know what to expect. It is possible that it already feels official in my mind. Maybe it's because life is way crazier now, so we just don't have time to think about it. It is probably a combination of all three, especially the crazy life part.

Whatever the reason, I am trying not to let it bother me. I know that I love Jake. I know that I will be excited as we enter the courtroom on Monday. I know that we will celebrate with family and friends when the judge makes official what we knew the minute we picked him up...that he is a member of the Fischer family.

No comments:

Post a Comment