Thursday, April 4, 2013

Can't We Catch A Break??

Maybe it's because Alex has already arrived, or maybe I'm just not a patient person, but I am starting to feel like roadblocks keep popping up. It's really hard to know that he is cuddling up in a foster parent's arms, when I feel like he should be in mine. I understand that there are steps and policies that need to be followed, but it does not make it any less frustrating.

Last week, we had quite a bit of activity. A social worker from Tucson called me to get working on the ICPC (Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children) paperwork. We got a few updates on the situation, although there are still a lot of unknowns. A few days after that, our agency sent us a packet of questionnaires that needed to be completed. I'm not sure how we didn't get to this sooner, but it is what it is. In total, there are about 60 questions ranging from our childhood to our marriage to our parenting. They are very similar to the questions we answered during CJ's adoption process. I don't mind answering all of these questions, but we can't schedule any meetings until we submit them. Ugh!

Monday, we received a package from the Clark County ICPC office. We were excited because it was a lot faster than we had expected. When I opened it up, it was a home study packet for their office. As I read through, it was asking us to complete two more packets of information and to schedule our home study appointments and fingerprinting. Odd...we already did fingerprints through the agency, and we are in the middle of the home study process. Thoroughly confused, I called the case worker that was listed in the packet. It turns out, we may need to get our home study done through Clark County. Not the news I was hoping for - we just submitted our payment to the agency two weeks ago. When I explained the situation, the case worker said she would see what could be done. I would hate to think we've wasted that much time and money. We're now waiting to hear back from her. We'd appreciate your prayers that they will accept the home study from our agency.

One thing is for sure, we are a one-of-a-kind situation. There is literally nothing normal about this process. I realize that each adoption is unique, but this is ridiculous. I just have to keep reminding myself that every step we take, and every payment we make, will be well worth it in the end. I truly believe that God is at work in us right now, and that these steps are in place for a reason. I just pray that I can keep a positive attitude about it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Katie, I'm so sorry to hear that this process is so frustrating right now. You are all in my prayers, and I will add prayers for the process to go more smoothly and the agencies to cooperate.

    Jen L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you guys! Hoping the next few weeks go quickly, and smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete