Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fear of the Unknown

As I look at what the future holds for our family, I find myself a little scared. We've been in this holding pattern for the past three months. Now that the end of the initial process is near, I'm realizing just how comfortable I am where things are. That's not to say that I don't want to bring Alex home. It's just saying that talking about it is one thing, and doing it is another thing. Reality can be scary!

While I am having a hard time defining exactly what I'm thinking and feeling, a few of my fears are:
* Transitioning Alex from Ana's family to our family
* CJ's response to the upcoming changes
* Our feelings toward Alex
* Following the many rules and regulations related to fostering a child
* Preparing ourselves if/when we need to return Alex to Tucson

I had the same feelings when we were in the adoption process. When you work for something for so long, I think it's only natural to experience a little anxiety when you get close to the end. Ultimately, it's just a fear of the unknown, and we have a lot of unknowns in our future right now.

The best I can do is just trust that God has His hand firmly on our family, and will guide us throughout the next year. Your prayers and support definitely help as well.

To give a quick update, we went in for our second set of fingerprints for the licensing department. We're waiting for them to call us to set up the walk-through of our house. Once that is complete, they'll submit our paperwork to Arizona and we'll just wait to be told when we can head down to Tucson. Yesterday, we got some paperwork from the State of Arizona to complete, so I know things are moving forward there.



2 comments:

  1. I sympathize with your fear of the unknown. We have a lot of unknown in our future as well right now. I know God is watching over both of us though and will help us find our way through the changes ahead. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's always easier said than done, but life is so much better when we turn it all over to God. I'll be praying for your family as well, as you look to the future.

    ReplyDelete