Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A year in review

To say that this year brought surprises would be an understatement. When we began 2014, we had only hoped that we could get custody of Alex. By March, we had accepted the fact that God may have designed our family with just one child. April brought news of a new baby and in May we found out we'd be bringing home two kids. Unreal!

The summer brought us a whirlwind family vacation, an expedited home study and then emergency surgery for Matt. We ended our summer by picking up both Alex and Jacob. The months that followed were some of the toughest that I've ever experienced. Going from one to three kids brought a lot of issues that we were not necessarily prepared for.

Despite the struggles we endured, we really saw the kindness of others come through. Friends and family stepped up in ways that I could never have imagined. It reminded me how strong of a community I am part of.

I think about how much things have changed at our house. Everything is "more." More laundry. More mess. More dishes. More tears. More frustration. But, also more laughter. More playing. More fun. More love.

At times, I still cannot grasp how much God has given us this past year. While many of my friends are hoping for excitement in 2015, I'm praying that it is nowhere near as exciting as 2014 for our family. Could you imagine another year like this one??

I wish you and yours a very happy new year. May you be blessed richly in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment