Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Post-Placement Visits

Things are moving forward! Today, I received e-mails from our caseworkers for both boys, asking to schedule our first post-placement visits. Yes, we have to have separate visits for Alex and Jake. While they are separate processes, they should look about the same. We'll have a visit every 30 days for each child. During that time, the worker will talk with us about how things are going and observe us with the kids. With Alex's visits, we will also be checked to make sure that our house still meets the requirements to be licensed as a foster home.

Thankfully, I am in no way nervous for these visits. Who has time to be nervous when you're running after three kids each day? I know that we're doing things right, so I don't see any reason to worry. It definitely helps that we've been through this before with CJ's adoption.

Once we've had enough visits, we will be recommended for adoption of both boys. I am not sure how many visits are necessary, but I am hoping it isn't too many. From there, paperwork will be filed with Arizona and Nevada and we'll wait to be approved. I believe that we'll be able to finalize Jake's adoption here in Nevada, but I'm not sure about Alex's. There is a chance we'll have to head back to Tucson for a final court hearing.

In related news, I also received a packet of paperwork for Alex's adoption. More paperwork...awesome. I really should add up the number of pages we have completed since first adopting CJ. I'm sure several forests were harmed in the growing of our family. Tomorrow's nap time will be spent digging through these documents and forms so that we can get them back in the mail as soon as possible.

While this process has been tough, and often confusing, we have been blessed with caseworkers who are knowledgeable, patient and supportive. With their help, we will make it through and add two more Fischers to the world in no time.


No comments:

Post a Comment